A small payment for the material costs will be collected in Würzburg, but there is no course fee.
Organizers and teachers
The summer school is organized by an informal network of the following scholars:
Dr. Eva De Clercq (University of Ghent / University of Würzburg)
Dr. Anna Aurelia Esposito (University of Würzburg)
Flights, travel, climate
For reaching Würzburg from abroad it is best to take a flight to Frankfurt am Main. There are trains from the airport to Würzburg about every 60 minutes (single ticket 35 Euro).
For timetable details, see:
The climate in Würzburg is usually very pleasant in the middle of August with warm nights and daytime highs of 20–27 °C. Towards the end of August rainy days may appear and the temperature gets colder. The average temperature in August is 18.3 °C
The German currency is the Euro.
Application & further information
Please send your brief free-form applications by June 15, 2009 to:
Or by post to:
Petteri Koskikallio, Korpihovintie 65, FIN-58910 Rantasalmi as. FINLAND
These addresses are also for further information.
- June 15 – Closing date for application
- June 20 – The acceptance will be confirmed up to this date
- The turn of June/July – Second circular, including more detailed information about the course material and schedule; some pre-reading material will be sent to the participants (by e-mail)
- August 15/16 (Sat/Sun) – Preferred dates for arrival
- August 17 – Classes begin on Monday morning
- August 28 – Last session of the summer school on Friday morning